Australian Hix

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Hix

Post by Grace F »

Umm, is there anyway that there can be an Australian Hix server? There are quite a few Aussie players that ATTEMPT to play GU league and or Ducati League. Im in them both and i have to play the US servers as they are much closer but i still have a lag of about 280-320. I just scrape through and most players dont mind, its about going out there and having fun.

I was on a Hix server recently, my lag was 300 almost exactly. It was just me and within about a half hour, it had about 11 players, and 4 Australian Players.

In order to have an Australian Hix map, there would have to be someone to host it in Australia wouldn't there?

Thx.
the_j0k3r
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the_j0k3r »

i may be able to get my hands on a friends server for an australian hix map. but dont rely on that, i dont know his speed

i suggest emailing the owners of 'yowl.org' and see if they might help you out ;)
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

K, i'll give it a go. I think i remember playing an Aussie hix but it had superflags so it wasn't much fun.

Thx j0k3r :D

!~!AUSSIE PRIDE!~!

EDIT: Err, how do i do that. I went to usergroups but i didn't see them listed.
BinarySpike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BinarySpike »

yowl.org is a webpage, and has nothing on it, just a Title of "Bye"
temporal distraction
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by temporal distraction »

I'm sure the_j0k3r meant the owners of this server.

I don't see any contact info on the server itself, but they have /report working, so Grace F could leave a report asking for the owner to contact her.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Ok i'll do that. Hopefully they will receive it.

Thx guys :)
AlliedArmour
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AlliedArmour »

I think it would be really nice as I know other Australians who really want to play GU but are prohibited by lag.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

That's the problem in alot of cases. I have 300lag at Quol which is bad - but some dont mind which is good! :P

the j0k3r has around 280 lag which is better than mine but still a hassle for some.

If I can round up enough Australians im going to ask if our Australian Hix map can be made official. Or at least have 1 offi and 1 play around map. At the moment I know 4 people personally that aren't allowed to play offi matches. So I want to get an Aussie map so us Aussies can match ourselves.
Im not saying this server is JUST for Aussies - but others too. As there are offi maps in Germany - I say there should be some here too :)
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Grace F wrote:As there are offi maps in Germany - I say there should be some here too :)
There are official servers elsewhere too, why do you pick up on those in Germany? Is it some kind of special case?

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

CannonBallGuy wrote:why do you pick up on those in Germany? Is it some kind of special case?
No CBG - I wrote Germany as an example. Yes there are other offi servers like quol.bzflag.bz - but still the lag there for Australians is 280-340.