Colored tanks pretend to be rogue.

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Colored tanks pretend to be rogue.

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

I was recently playing a relaxing game of BZFlag, when I suddenly noticed (being the player that I am, I use my radar more than my HUD.) that shooting rogue tanks got me a team kill. It turns out that some of the colored tanks in the HUD appear rogue on radar. Another thing I noticed is that all the flags on the radar appear yellow in color.

Earlier today I was fiddling with some of the display settings. Those are the only things that have changed. I changed all the settings back to normal but the problem continues. Can anyone help me?

I will include a screenshot. I hope it helps diagnose the problem. Restarting BZFlag does nothing. Please excuse me if I made this a bigger deal than it should be. Hopefully there is a quick fix for it.
Attachments
bzfi0042.png
The rogue red.
(646.35 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Operating System? BZFlag Client Version? What graphics settings did you change? Etc...

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Bobert
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bobert »

What do u mean? In your radar there is a red and a purple dot in the same places as the red and purple tanks are and then theres one for some invisible guy. I don't see a prob.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

No, the red tank is showing as a rogue on his radar.
Or the rogue tank is using the red tank texture.
Hard to say which...

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

I'm running Windows XP SP2, BZFlag Version 2.0.8, and I was fiddling with the Blending, Smoothing, Lighting and Quality settings. I'm pretty sure it was red because there isn't a rogue team at Constitution's Tunnels, and if you look closely, the tank looks like it is a creamy yellow-like color on the radar.

Edit: I also changed the Radar&Panel Opacity from time to time.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Try deleting or renaming your configuration and see if that makes it work properly.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)