iTunes 7 doesn't like BZFlag... (suspects resourse conflcts)

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

iTunes 7 doesn't like BZFlag... (suspects resourse conflcts)

Post by Winny »

Ive been using iTunes while playing BZ for a long time, but with iTunes 7.0, the output from iTunes becomes all garbeled when opening BZFlag. (almost as if its slowing down, and skipping parts of the song)

When I close BZ the sound returns to normal...

I was wondering/hoping someone else will have this problem and maybe find a fix if I can't...

Thanks,
-Win
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

I'd assume based on your callsign you'd use Windows Media Player. :) I have not tried the new version (I use foobar not iTunes), but it sounds like a problem with Quicktime's sound output. Maybe a setting got tripped when everything was updated?

Try seeing what sound output is selected in the control panel. If its waveout try changing it to DirectSound. That's if you're on Windows, obviously.
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Hmm, no, there appears to be no option to flip what you mentioned in the Quicktime CP controls.

/me looks again

EDIT:
Fixed for now, put my iTunes library onto my mac, ill use it for now.
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

itunes 7

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

I have had this problem with the garbled sound from itunes 7 also. Although I have never played BZFlag with itunes playing a song, I have experienced this problem when using Internet Explorer. It also happens with Opera. Apparently alot of people have been complaining to Apple about this problem. It has happened to me on Windows XP but not on Macintosh. Apple is rumoured to have an updated version of itunes 7 in the works right now. Since this did not happen with itunes 6 we can probably assume that it is not anything wrong with our computers.

--A Distraction
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

itunes 7 update

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

In case you didn't already know, Apple released an update to itunes 7 today. I hope it helps you solve your problem. I know it solved mine. Here's the link: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

--A Distraction
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed