Moving faster than I should be

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Zorba
Private
Private

Moving faster than I should be

Post by Zorba »

I just downloaded bzflag to start playing again and I have run into a bit of a wall here. Whenever I play I move about twice as fast as I should be and other players are. This applys to all aspects of my moving (jumping, turning and moving straight). Whenever I am in observer mode I get a jittery screen and the walls all seem to jump around whenever the person moves. This is a version that I have downloaded off of the bzflag website and I do not get booted from servers for going over the specified speed limit even though I am clearly exceeding it.

Is there anything that I can do here to solve my problem so I do not get called a cheater at every turn? Thanks much
Chestal
Dev Guru
Dev Guru

Post by Chestal »

This sounds like your local time measurement does not work correctly. My wild guess is that you are using Windows and a dual core CPU. I think I remember there was a bug in some part of the Windows time measurement code that wouldn't work correctly (something when using CPU internal clock counters as time base), but should have been fixed in the mean-time (Windows update).

But as I said, it's just a wild guess. Please give us more details about your hardware and operating system.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

I was there with him when it happened, and I think I've seen it elsewhere too. I really don't have any idea what the problem is, but I think it has been encountered before.