start a server

General talk about the map making process.
Xp man
Private
Private

start a server

Post by Xp man »

how can i start a server and select a map???
Scorch
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Scorch »

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Windows

Post by optic delusion »

Your question is too general.
Looks like you are using windows. That's the hardest OS to start a server on. (firewall issues) Just keep reading this forum. Believe me, all the answers you seek are here. Read for a couple days, try it, then ask questions about the specific area you are having the most difficulty with.

If you can do all the rest corectly, the server will create a random map for you. I wouldn't worry about selecting a map until you can get bzfs running without one. That eliminates a whole class of possible errors.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

if i'm correct your brand new to bzflag. cuz if you aren't just some guy who was playing bzflag for years and just happend to find this site, finnally, you should be thinking about playing, not hosting.

back on topic:
there are about six+ sticky posts on how to start a server, read 'em, and read this one first: right here!

PS: oh, and if you really wanted help wit a server, go to servers:general disscusion, not here ;)
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Also, you need to think about the quality of the server. What will yours have that other's don't? We already got 170+ servers and don't need anymore that are "useless." No offense.

But, like A-Delusion said, look around the whole BZBB, there is a gold mine of knowledge here.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com