User Groups?

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Destroyer
Private First Class
Private First Class

User Groups?

Post by Destroyer »

Hello,

I have a problem with my UserGroups from my server. I will create a usergroup they can:
actionMessage adminMessageSend banlist countdown date endGame flagHistory idleStats info kick kill lagStats masterban mute playerList poll pollBan pollKick pollKill pollSet pollFlagReset privateMessage record rejoin replay requireIdentify say sendHelp setPassword setVar showOthers spawn superKill talk unban unmute veto viewReports vote

and a @ in the name. How work it?

please help me!
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

If your using windows, make a file called groups.txt. in the conf file, add this:

Code: Select all

-groupdb groups.txt
but make sure the group file is in the same place as the conf file. Then in the groups.txt files add this:

LOCAL.ADMIN: actionMessage adminMessageSend banlist countdown date endGame flagHistory idleStats info kick kill lagStats masterban mute playerList poll pollBan pollKick pollKill pollSet pollFlagReset privateMessage record rejoin replay requireIdentify say sendHelp setPassword setVar showOthers spawn superKill talk unban unmute veto viewReports vote
but all the privs capitalized. So it would be LOCAL.ADMIN: ACTIONMESSAGE ADMINMESSAGESEND BANLIST COUNTDOWN etc…

If your using mac or linux, I have no clue how you would do it... might be similar though
Destroyer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Destroyer »

i have a Linux Server :D

I have this in my Group:

LOCAL.LINKS: ACTIONMESSAGE ADMINMESSAGESEND BANLIST COUNTDOWN DATE FLAGHISTORY IDLESTATS INFO LAGSTATS MUTE POLL POLLBAN POLLKICK POLLKILL PRIVATEMESSAGE REQUIREIDENTIFY SENDHELP SETPASSWORD SPAWN TALK UNMUTE VETO VOTE
by Gamesunited have the admins only perms to kick, ban ... and have a @

I want a @ forwards the Name

sry my english isnt good.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

on linux i think it would be the same as windows, so just make sure the groups file is in the same place as the conf. if you dont add HIDEADMIN to there privs, they will have the @. i think you have to so far.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

The @ is displayed only if a user has BAN or SHORTBAN permissions. (If I remember correctly)
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

donny_baker wrote:The @ is displayed only if a user has BAN or SHORTBAN permissions. (If I remember correctly)
ahh didtn know that
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

I think kick does too... but I don't remember correctly, so this may not be true.
If you add a ban privelege... you will want to add kick too :)
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

You do not need to capitalize the permissions, that is a total myth. In fact, making them lowercase helps readability (ex: banList).

If you want to use Games United groups you need to use their global group instead LOCAL.LINKS or LOCAL.ADMIN. Let's say it's GU.ADMIN then replace LOCAL.LINKS with that (the server knows how to use it). GU.ADMIN is just an example, I don't know GU's group name, you'll have to search for that...
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Destroyer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Destroyer »

ok thx for the help!
DJ Atomica
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DJ Atomica »

How do you put people in your groups? Are they the groups you put on here?
DJ Atomica.........Scratching the records! :twisted:

Skype me! Skype name is "dj.atomica"!