DTREMENAK SERVERS DOWN! WHAT HAPPENED?

Important stuff goes here.
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: eeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

Post by Ice Wewe »

A Meteorite wrote:
Joan of Arc wrote:I'm 13 yrs. old and really stupid for that, and I have no idea what CVS is....... and I can't figure out how to download 2.1!!!!!! Does this mean only really smart people who understand computer language can use dtremenak servers?
CVS means "Concurrent Version System" It's a way for developers to work on the same code and keep it updated with all of them.

I know how to checkout CVS (and build on Mac/Linux), but you need to be comfortable with the command line. Search around the forums or start a new topic in the "Help: CVS/Compiling" forum.

BTW, If you are Windows I can't help you. :(

2.1 is in heavy dev right now anyways, I would not attempt compiling and playing on it if I were you. (you CAN, but DTR apprently hosts the only 2.1 servers and is not backwards-compatible)

EDIT:
And I will be hosting Hide 'n Seek Hills for awhile so there's no sense in trying to build a client just for one server. (in which I will be hosting the same map) ;)

*Points Up in agreement*

Joan Of Arc:

The only people who can use 2.1 right now are people than are running a Unix based system, such as Mac OS X, or Linux. Windows will probably have a release in a few weeks, after the final version, or at least a beta, is released, until then, don't hold your breath.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Ice Wewe
where do you get this stuff?

anyone can build 2.1 on windows, it is not "linux or mac only". Windows build are often first or within hours of the other releases.

2.1 is brand new, don't expect it to be in release for months.

We just don't start making binarys untill the last months of development when the product is becoming stable. In fact usualy the first windows binary is what marks the start of the "beta" phase.

Please don't state things that are untrue as if they were facts, it only makes you look stupid.
ImageJeffM
Ice Wewe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ice Wewe »

JeffM2501 wrote:Ice Wewe
I make it up...
Please don't state things that are untrue as if they were facts, it only makes you look stupid.
And I didn't already? Everyone knows I'm only out here to make a fool of myself :wink: , so I've stopped denying it... :)
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Ice Wewe wrote:
I make it up...
And I didn't already? Everyone knows I'm only out here to make a fool of myself :wink: , so I've stopped denying it... :)
If you just make stuff up and state it as it was 100% true, it really does make you look stupid (as stated above).

If the only reason you're out here is to make a fool out of yourself and mindlessly gank other people's sigs, then why are you here in the first place? Your type only angers the other people here, most people associate "mindless", "stupid" with the label "spammer". You should stop posting crap all the time, and maybe someone will take you seriously.

A-Meteorite
DTRemenak uses local groups.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

DTRemenak's servers are already on outdated 2.1 CVS... just to show the pace that things are going at.