Last compile problem...

Questions or HOWTOs about the above? Post 'em here...
Supertanker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Last compile problem...

Post by Supertanker »

Its almost at the end, in the linking stage. It all went well, I put in CURL and DSL too, but now it says:

cannot fine -lcurl
id returned 1 exit status
[build error] [...src/bzflag/bzflag.exe] error 1

Whats going on? I extracted CURL and DSL to the root of Dev-C++
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

1) read the curl instructions. the root is't the right place for it. You have to put the headers and the libs in the places devC++ knows to look at.

2) it's SDL not DSL, at least try.
ImageJeffM
Supertanker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Supertanker »

I know, the library and include files ARE in the library/include foldesr.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

from the readme you refuse to read.

Code: Select all

==Linker Errors==
If compilation includes linking errors, and you are using CVS source code, it may be temporary
and due to the project files not being updated yet for new BZFlag source files. Make sure you
also have the latest Dev-C++ files from CVS. If you are using release source code, it most likely
is due to the library (.a) files of your compiler. Make sure you have properly installed your compiler,
and have the correct library files in the correct place, and of the correct version that matches your compiler.
Also, your Dev-C++ configuration and setup (more specifically, that of MinGW32/GCC) may be the problem. If
you have updated ANY part of your MinGW32/GCC from the version(s) that shipped with the original Dev-C++ release
package that you originally downloaded, this may be it. If you get linker errors regarding undefined things that relate
to C++, rather than BZFlag (you can usually tell by the names listed in the errors), then your compiler setup and files
are the cause. Try reinstalling Dev-C++ or using the original compiler files that shipped with Dev-C++.
ImageJeffM
Supertanker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Supertanker »

This is the original dev c++, I downloaded it last nite.

it is a source release.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

I got a similar problem, could not find curl.h
VC++ Express 2005 .net BETA 2
Everything went fine, except for bzadmin which had a 'could not find curl.h' error. Do I need curl for windows?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

curl is built by defalt now, you can remove the #defines and files for it if you wish
ImageJeffM
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

Will that break BZAdmin?

Where do I get curl.h? (and all the other supporting files if needed)
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

no, bzadmin is designed to work with and without curses. If you remove the #define for curses and the files that use curses, bzadmin will run just like it did in 2.0.2.

We started building in curses for windows with 2.0.4 because it offers a better interface. You can do a google search for pdcurses, and find there Sourceforge page, they have a set of VC headers and libs there.
ImageJeffM
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

Now I'm getting really confused... I downloaded pdcurses from the sourceforge site and stuck it in the directory with the vc project. I got a bunch of syntax errors. :( I'll just comment out the #defines.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

Wait... mabye it's something else. I don't have the Directx or SDL sdks, I think I might need them ;)

maybe libCURL also...

I'll start a separate thread if I need more help. I kind of hijacked this one. :(