RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

BETA 2: Race to Seven

Post by RPG »

Author:
RPG

Description:
I wanted to dump another beta out so you all didn't think I stopped working on racetoseven.

There are significant changes since beta 1, so please test it throughly. A rather large (and possibly annoying) change is that in your groups file, a group must have the permission STARTMATCH in order to be able to begin a match. Either that, or the person must be logged into the server with /password.

Please report any bugs you find. The API is still in it's fledgling stages so one bug may affect the entire API (which means all the plugins :shock:)

Code: Select all

-------------------------CHANGELOG-------------------------
Beta 2:
FEATURE: Added new permission, STARTMATCH, that must be put in your groups file if you want a player to be able to start a match.
BUGFIX: If a match is not in progress, nobody can end it (since there is none), not even an admin.
FEATURE: Added new /set variable, _allowPlayersDuringMatch to control the flow of players during a match. (although has some bugs)
FEATURE: Added 4 team support.
FEATURE: Admins can join matches as players, even if players are being locked out.
FEATURE: "/match" now shows the documentation.
BUGFIX: You can't start a match if one is already in progress.
You must be using CVS to make this plugin work.

Files:
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

This one is up and running at Planet MoFo, and I can say I think it works. I loaded the 4 team CTF, joined two bots to red, two to blue, and two to green. I joined purple, started a a match.

I capped a mix of all other team flags. I won. It was nice.

You said the STARTMATCH permission can let people start it - but that does not let people stop a match. I suggest giving both match start and match end to the perm MATCH or MATCHALL.

Nice work, currently running whenever MoFo is in CTF mode
...This has been a recording.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

I_Died_Once
Right now only admins (people that used /password) can end matches forcefully. Otherwise it will be automaticially ended at 7 captures. I was planning on adding a "MATCHEND" perm, but i really wanted to release a beta, so I never got to it.

What I really want to test out is if only two or three teams play, and see if the absence of the foruth team will still allow the plugin to function properly.

Here's a sample match report, generated using the collaboration between the racetoseven plugin and a racetoseven PHP script that I wrote to put this in my and A-D's league mail inboxes.
A match was played on Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:27:05 -0500. The match was started by Darth Vader on the Blue team. Below is a list of players when the match was completed:

Darth Vader ()
Billy The Kid ()
A-Delusion (AWOL)
Clamydia (I am your freakazoid)

Here is the team scores:
red team: 0 (0-0)
blue team: 0 (0-0)

Match reported by Race to 7 Plugin by RPG, A-Delusion. Have fun reporting this one!
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

...it doesn't tell you who won?

How about - you know how when you submit a map to the mapatorium, it automatically makes a post on these forums, as well as others, and it submits it in a repository... all that...

...why not make it so when a match completed, it makes a post in the general league discussion forums... or it can genereate a responce to an already existing thread dedicated solely for the plugin reports. As well as lists the results on whatever website.

So far, all I say needs to be done is do something about the reporting of matches, and make it easier to end. I started a test of this in red vs blue, but my opponent disappeared. It was 1 on 1, and I could join somoene else in the game... no flag to cap and complete the game... I had to restart the server 'cause I accidentally logged out while figuring out what to do, and could not rejoin. Make the match self terminate of all players of an given team leaves.

Woot.
...This has been a recording.