Port Help!!

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
Red Cobra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Port Help!!

Post by Red Cobra »

Does anyone know how to find out your username and password for your router becasue i have a firwall and i want to open up a port but i dont know what my username and password is! :cry:
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

There may be a default specified in your router's manual. That's if you never set it. If the default doesn't work reset the router. You'll have to put all internet settings back, but at lease you'll be able to log in. :)
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com

Post by Guest »

Maybe you could ask your parents?
Sharpshooter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sharpshooter »

When i tried this, i found out that i didnt have a password, so i just logged on my router, and entered w/out putting in a password. Try that, but if you have to enter a username, try "admin"
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

If you gave the brand of your router, that would be helpful.

Linksys: Push reset button. Log in to router. Username: blank. Password: admin. Go to port forwarding and forward a port to your server's LAN IP. Also, make sure that you set a password other than 'admin' to make sure others don't change your firewall rules. Don't forget the password, either. :wink:
1veedo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 1veedo »

My parents thought they were smary for putting a password on my rougter...I reset it more then a year ago and they still dont know.
1veedo (libcurl.so.2) I have version 3!
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

pass

Post by optic delusion »

I wouldn't hit the reset, unless you get in deep doo-doo. Your ISP may not like that at all. Most of them say to call before you do.

My default is
user: user
password :admin
Don't even bother to reset it, once your in. There's no real reason to, unless it's on a public LAN.

You have been to portforward.com, right? I'll bet if you spend awhile poking around there, you'll find your answer.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
1veedo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 1veedo »

Reseting your router has nothing to do with your modem. Besides, I always keep the same IP even while reseting that :lol-old: Ok, I asked them to do that for me.

But what makes you think that they'd get mad if you reset the modem?
1veedo (libcurl.so.2) I have version 3!
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

They say that just 'in case' the impossible happens and resetting something makes something not work. Then they would have to send a tech guy over to fix the problem. Too much work.

1veedo, what made your parents think that setting a password would help anything? A router/gateway/firewall won't prevent you from getting into stuff like BZFlag! :wink:
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: pass

Post by Workaphobia »

A-Delusion wrote:I wouldn't hit the reset, unless you get in deep doo-doo. Your ISP may not like that at all. Most of them say to call before you do.

Don't even bother to reset it, once your in. There's no real reason to, unless it's on a public LAN.
Wha? Why would the ISP care what you do with your own router? It's not like the mac address changes. And while you can't configure a router from the outside, if someone breaks into your system there's nothing to stop them from forwarding their commands through your own computer to the internal side of the router, right?
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."