Weather

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Weather

Post by ^nightmare^ »

Is there any chances of having more weather related looks for bzflag? like fog, dark clouds, etc.
kind of like this...
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

That would be awesome if you could enter your zipcode and it get's your weather! So if it's foogy at your city it's foogy in bz... Maybe even rain. That would be so cool. 8)
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
dartman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dartman »

^Indeed that would be friggin' awesome.

It would also be cool if you could hae storms in BZ Flag: thunderstorm, tornado, hurricane, dust storm, sleet, etc.

And speaking of weather...

I was on brad's /set server yesterday. It was set to rain frogs. I changed it so the rain density to 99999 and ended up lagging the heck out of the server. :lol-old: Toastline saw it. It was crazy!
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Local weather isn't a great idea IMO, because all players should have the same visibility, etc.
dartman wrote:^Indeed that would be friggin' awesome.

It would also be cool if you could hae storms in BZ Flag: thunderstorm, tornado, hurricane, dust storm, sleet, etc.

And speaking of weather...

I was on brad's /set server yesterday. It was set to rain frogs. I changed it so the rain density to 99999 and ended up lagging the heck out of the server. :lol-old: Toastline saw it. It was crazy!
haha, the other day I crashed everyone there by turning it up too much. bzadmin didn't work, so I had to turn rain off to log in and fix it.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

Local weather isn't a great idea IMO, because all players should have the same visibility, etc.
But you could turn the weather effects off and on if they didnt like it, plus only you could see your own weather and not other people.
I dont know what they would use to enter the zip code and get the weather, hmm maybe weather bug?
Need bzflag help? Try looking here: http://www.freewebs.com/bznightmare/map ... aghelp.htm
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

anything is posible.

volumetric fog is not trivial, and would not work well on anything but modern hardware. Clouds can be faked decently enough.

all that looks like is a dark sky color and no clouds.
ImageJeffM
Toastline
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Toastline »

dartman wrote:I was on brad's /set server yesterday. It was set to rain frogs. I changed it so the rain density to 99999 and ended up lagging the heck out of the server. :lol-old: Toastline saw it. It was crazy!
Yay, I have been mentioned! I ended up fixing the problem myself... :x It was annoying, but afterward people came back and cool stuf happened, so it was all good.

I seem to have become something of a pseudo-admin there; I try my best to fix problems when they occur, such as that insane rain pain in the membrane.
Last edited by Toastline on Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OMNOM!
^nightmare^
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ^nightmare^ »

it would probably helped if i showed another picture :?
its supposed to be a big black cloud. You can kind of see the end of the cloud.
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

hmm maybe weather bug?
Weather Bug is spyware.

Getting weather is a major problem, as noplace I know would give it away free or without ads. However, simulated weather would be cool! Tornadoes going by, ripping tanks and buildings off the ground... wind blowing tanks in a certain direction, etc...
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »