I'm ready to try to go public but

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I'm ready to try to go public but

Post by spldart »

I'm running into libcurl errors.

I'm using these commands
-public "blah blah" and
-publicaddr 67.10.210.195:5123

I ran some -ds in the conf file and I see that the last thing it hits before it tries to close is a libcurl problem when I attempt to use the above -public commands :(

Any help?
'Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope'

-Aristotle-
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

With this:

I get:
Running a public server with the following settings:
public address is 67.10.210.195:5123
LIBCURL: (null)
And an illegal operation box from windows.

With this:

-public "my home server descriptions"

I get:
Running a public server with the following settings:
public address is me.houston.rr.com:5123
LIBCURL: (null)
And an illegal operation box from windows.

If I use both instructions the one that comes first gives me the error.

Hope that detail helps :(
'Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope'

-Aristotle-
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

HTH

-public "Spldart's home. TimeTrials by LouMan with mods. Test."
-sb
-j
-mp 5,0,0,0,0,2
-ms 5
-p 5123
-vars vars.txt
-set _latitude 29.641608
-set _longitude 95.633374
-synctime
-synclocation
-mp 5,0,0,0,0,2
+f GM{6}
+f L{5}
+f WG{10}
+f SW{4}
-fb
-password xxxxxxx
-filterChat
-filterCallsigns
+r
-badwords C:\bz\BZFlag2.0.0\data\badwords.txt
-s 10
-sa
-spamtime 10
-srvmsg "Map is TimeTrials by LouMan on my home server with cable modem."
-admsg "spldart is admin and god in here ;) And you can /reportfile... If enough peeps say it needs something I'll look into it."
-st 10
-sw 1
-reportfile c:\bz\report.txt
-world "C:\bz\BZFlag2.0.0\TimeTrials.bzw"

-Aristotle-
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

Thanks Bryjen, DTR and wegstar! :D Problem fixed.

I had to -noMasterBanlist to get up and running.

-Aristotle-
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

So your up?

You realize unless you ban someone, everyone (including the filthy cheaters on the master banlist) will be allowed into your server.
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

RPG wrote:So your up?

You realize unless you ban someone, everyone (including the filthy cheaters on the master banlist) will be allowed into your server.
I have no alternative. It's apparently a bug many run into on windoze boxen that the masterbanlist crashes bzfs.
I guess I will have to manually ban ip/ipsubnets with my firewall if I get cheater problem.
Any way I can quickly call up everyone's actual IP through the console while logged in as admin?

-Aristotle-
1veedo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 1veedo »

I immagine you could have compiled the source. On Linux, that's what I had to do. Actually, I still have my friendly libcurl sig :lol-old:
1veedo (libcurl.so.2) I have version 3!
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

spldart wrote:I have no alternative. It's apparently a bug many run into on windoze boxen that the masterbanlist crashes bzfs.
I guess I will have to manually ban ip/ipsubnets with my firewall if I get cheater problem.
Any way I can quickly call up everyone's actual IP through the console while logged in as admin?
Actually, there in an alternative. The master banlist is here: http://bzflag.org/master-bans.txt . Take it and copy it into a file called "bad_tanks.txt" that is in the same directory as your CONF file. In your conf file, add:

Code: Select all

#Ban File
-banfile "bad_tanks.txt"
Now BZFS will load all the bans in that file. They will not be current to the master banlist unless you re-update manually, but at least you get most of the people. If you create a ban yourself, it will also be added to that file.
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

RPG wrote:
spldart wrote:I have no alternative. It's apparently a bug many run into on windoze boxen that the masterbanlist crashes bzfs.
Actually, there in an alternative. The master banlist is here: http://bzflag.org/master-bans.txt . Take it and copy it into a file called "bad_tanks.txt" that is in the same directory as your CONF file. In your conf file, add:

Code: Select all

#Ban File
-banfile "bad_tanks.txt"
Now BZFS will load all the bans in that file. They will not be current to the master banlist unless you re-update manually, but at least you get most of the people. If you create a ban yourself, it will also be added to that file.
Well thanks alot :D It's done... I appreciate it.
Now I need to go look up some console commands an admin has like how to ban :|

-Aristotle-
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

Oh wait. Do I leave -nomasterbanlist on if I have -banfile "mybanfile.txt"?

-Aristotle-
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Yes, you do. The master ban list and the banfile are two different sources of bans. Even if you disable the master ban list, your ban list will still be loaded.
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

Again thanks :)

-Aristotle-
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

1veedo wrote:I immagine you could have compiled the source. On Linux, that's what I had to do. Actually, I still have my friendly libcurl sig :lol-old:
I don't think i'm advanced enough to compile anything :( I tried slipstreaming an XP Pro install disc with service packs and where it said it worked it wouldn't run properly :( And that's with a 'how to' website leading me all the way :cry:

-Aristotle-