Failed... can't find server program

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
your mailman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Failed... can't find server program

Post by your mailman »

Hey, I am using 2.0.0 and when I go to start my server in the start server part of the Join game screen it says "Failed... can't find server program" someone please hellp ASAP!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for any help you can give me.
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

What are you trying to do?
wegstar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by wegstar »

I'm assuming that he is trying to run a server from bzflag :) and apparently bzfs.exe may be missing, or somehow the server cannot start :roll:
Please be specific. i.e. OS, etc.
Right now your "question" is WAY too vague.. sorry, can't help ya.
Formerly "nader"
---
Microsoft broke Volkswagen's world record: Volkswagen only made 22 million bugs!
-----
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will pee on your computer." -- Bruce Graham
brad2901
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by brad2901 »

If he's talking about using the client to start the server, then I get an error on windows aswell. It gives me this error:
Failed... Unknown Error.
RPG
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RPG »

Yes, I'm talking about Brad's error.
your mailman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Sorry about being too vauge. :doh:

Post by your mailman »

Sorry about taking so long to reply :| . Alright here is everything I can think of. I am running ME. I downloaded 2.0.0 and I haven't messed with it or moved any files. There IS bzfs.exe in the 2.0.0 folder. please try to respond ASAP again. I need to get a battle going for a club in school :!: . I have talked to other people running 2.0.0 and they say it happens to them too :?: . They say to start the server manually, but I don't know how :oops: . Here is what I have tried to do with starting one manually: I built a map on the Configuration Builder that came with 2.0.0. I copied the text into notepad and saved it as an exe file. But when I double click on the exe file it says that it is not a valid win32 application. Then I tried going into DOS and opening the file that way, but it says that the program has performed an illegal operation and will be terminated :evil: . When I try to create a new server with bzflag, I push enter on join game in the main screen, then I push enter on start server, then I fill out the info and push enter on the start button, but it says "Failed... can't find server program" :( . Someone please help. Thanks for all of the responding :D . I will praise someone for all eternity if they can tell me how to fix this problem :!: . Thanks again to everyone who tries to help. :D
BIYA
Corporal
Corporal

Post by BIYA »

You are starting a server the wrong way...... anyway so drop everthing you used to do and go here. http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2915