help

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
zebedy
Private First Class
Private First Class

help

Post by zebedy »

I have recently had to reformat my pc and since then i have only been given the option of using 1.11.10 bzflag and i cant get this to operate at all. I used to run 1.10.8 and thgis worked fine. Can someone tell me which version I need to use for win xp and I will try to go from there. I seriously need to kill some tanks or my wife whichever is the easiest.
The problem I have with bz is that it isnt loading any servers and even when I load a server from a list it still wont connect
Someone else said that to me once......only once
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

1.11.10 is an older dev version, it should not be used ( current dev is 1.10.20ish).

you want to get 1.10.8 from the sourceforge downloads page, it will work like your used to.

the URL is
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bzfl ... e?download
ImageJeffM
zebedy
Private First Class
Private First Class

help

Post by zebedy »

Thanks pat for the link I now am able to get dervers up. But now I have 1982 stle graphics foe bz I used to have pretty good graphics and I am not talking about the high res version. Any further advice. I have nvida win xp drivers already
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

what?
ImageJeffM
zebedy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by zebedy »

have now sorted the probvlem-must has installed it to a different level on the options page to the previous versions-pretty stupid of me not to have checked that in the first place. But thanks for the original link-my wife is grateful that im not stalking her with a shot gun anymore
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

moved to help
ImageJeffM