grab flag in the air

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Taminator
Private First Class
Private First Class

grab flag in the air

Post by Taminator »

What i relay miss is a feature to grab the flag flying in the air of the just killed oponent.

Situation:
There is a player with a superflag (GM,Laser, SW ...).You manages it to kill this player and the flag flying in the air. If you're lucky you earn the flag if it falls down on the ground, but mostly in this situation the total carry time of the flag is over and the flag disapears in the air. Thats bad, because you have fighted a player with a superflag and get no bonus.

Idea:
Make it possible to grab a flag who flying in the air if you don't carry any flag. So if you killes the enemy and the flag is in the air you can jump and catch the flag before it desapear :)
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

The entire point of the flag floating into the air and staying there is that it is in fact disappearing and has been fully consumed. The suggestion is equivalent to "I wish GM flags wouldn't disappear on some servers after use", which is something to take up with the server owner and not the game developers.

Nonetheless, I think it would in fact be neat if you could catch flags in the air that aren't disappearing, with the exception of something like the shield flag which remains untouchable for a period of time for a reason.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."
Taminator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Taminator »

I agree with you :), a player how has fired all shots or droped the shield-flag by hit shoudn't be able to catch the same flag again. Only the player just killed the flagcarrier should be able to catch the flag in the air.
Normaly the flag disapears after reaching the highest point, on the way back to ground. It shoud be enough time to catch the flag before it reaches the highest point. So i see no problem with flag grab/drop counting. If the player dont catch the flag on the way up the flag can desapear as usual.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The whole point of having the flags fly up into the air, and float back down is so that you can't grab them again for a few seconds.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

blast wrote:The whole point of having the flags fly up into the air, and float back down is so that you can't grab them again for a few seconds.
Good point. Otherwise, no need for the flying routine, just "drop them" on the ground or they disappear.
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."