auto pilot (warning! Might be a dumn question)

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
swine
Private First Class
Private First Class

auto pilot (warning! Might be a dumn question)

Post by swine »

Can server admins disable auto pilot? I havent run a server for awhile, so I don't know if this is a server command or not. If not, I think it should be, or at least an autokick if someone stays on ap for more than n seconds. It gets somewhat anoying when you pop on to a board and half the folks are running on cruise control. Are they all "tinkling" at the same time? Or did they all pop off down to the same pub for a quick wobbly pop?
Popping off for a wobbly pop now
Cheers
Swine
Looks like the gene pool needs a little chlorine!
Tegan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tegan »

Yes! Autopilot can be disabled by the bzfs switch -prohibitBots in 1.10.6. (At this time it is called -disableBots in 1.11.x.) Only speaking from 1.10.6 experience: when a player enables AutoPilot, the server will warn them. If they leave AutoPilot on, the server will kick them on the first respawn attempt. It is pretty effective in keeping the players real. :)
toaster
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by toaster »

Is this why sometimes you see players disabling autopilot when they die then re-enabling as soon as they've spawned?
-toaster
"So there I was, all alone, facing all of the enemy. I started driving in circles, until I had them surrounded, and then I escaped in the confusion."