Game play enhancement

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Loki
Private First Class
Private First Class

Game play enhancement

Post by Loki »

Good or bad, we are all seeing lots of shot limitations these days (you know, a 10 shot limit on GM's for example).

I personally find that irritating, although I like having it as an option on the server.

A different way to do it would be to have an auto flag drop time like what we have on bad flags. I don't config a server so I don't know if it is already possible, but the option to set each flag to auto drop after say 120 seconds would be handy. That way, at least the campers have to go find their favorite flag again...
sid6.7
Private First Class
Private First Class

auto

Post by sid6.7 »

yes its being done a skymoco for sometime now
(6 weeks or so?) it works but it has problems
with making flags disappear....
Workaphobia
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Workaphobia »

That would be pretty annoying, to not be able to simply drive without worrying about doubling back for your flag. But it would be neat to simply make it pop out when used a number of times, and hover for a slightly longer amount of time like Shield.

Things like shockwave camping at base in CTF, or firing lasers that cover every square inch on the ground level of a map except where you are positioned, or using gm to wipe out everyone within a rather large radius ad nauseam - that should all be limited. This would give people a chance to act while they're vulnerable, without destroying the flag altogether. I think this should be used in combination with outright flag expiration, rather than replace it.
"Nifty News Fifty: When news breaks, we give you the pieces."