BZFlag Icon?

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

where's macbzflag.icns? all the files are .pngs...
elmer fudd
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by elmer fudd »

sry tthe attachment on my post
skater3000blink
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZ Logo

Post by skater3000blink »

Hey I saw this Post and thought i'd have ago at making a bzflag logo so here it is.

skater3000blink
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

If you mean my icons, of course you can use them. ;)
If you mean the logo above, you have to ask skater. ;)
rob1n
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rob1n »

elmer: ty, found it! been looking up the wrong alley :D
learner
General
General

official logo

Post by learner »

As Patlabor221 mentioned, the official logos were revamped sometime last year with some pretty spiffyness. They were rendered in all sizes, including on the Mac, where you can have multiresolution icons that start at 128x128. The icon in jpeg format is available at http://bzflag.org/images/ and is what's generally used for the software listings on websites now (you can see an example here at versiontracker. There are versions of that same image in cvs that include the full alpha channel too. It looks like this:

That is the BZFlag tank converted to a different format and rendered with a global illumination renderer (Lightwave's, iirc). Results in a pretty sweet render of the tank.
Death Barrel wrote:mind if i send these off to gentoo? we can get them to post them under the games section :)
DB
The one's with the circle look pretty nice to me and are certainly better than not having an icon for gentoo and whomever else. I'd run them by Riker, though, to be certain. There was much review of the one (shown above) presently in use and it's generally a safe bet. Perhaps that tank put into the little ball thing if that's the platform's convention. ;)

Cheers!