Poll: Should we have a new plug-in every week?

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Poll: Should we have a new plug-in every week?

Post by Zehra »

Title says it all.

Respond in the comments with vote yes for a new plug-in to be released every week for 2024 or vote no for no.
Votes will be counted at the end of January.

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Poll: Should we have a new plug-in every week?

Post by Zehra »

As one of the most active plug-in developers in BZFlag, this is legit.

-Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
trpted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trpted »

Vote yes only if that is possible. Otherwise, at least once a month.
bz_next
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bz_next »

I'd vote yes for once a month, it'd give more time to make something really good, and probably matches the activity level of the community better.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

Sure, I don't mind once a month, as it becomes viable to release more fully featured game modes and perhaps even plug-in & map combos.

A new plug-in per week is possible, but it shifts the development towards more utility type of plug-ins for management or modes.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

The poll is now closed. In conclusion, it will be done monthly.

To maximize the existing capabilities of BZFlag as a whole, it will be map/plug-in combo(s) tailored for each other.

I will be heavily leveraging my mapping skills in this venture, stay tuned for some of my best works yet.

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Never once have I written a plug in because of some kind of production quota. My plug ins were written when I was inspired by an idea, or when a specific need arose.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

macsforme wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:59 am Never once have I written a plug in because of some kind of production quota. My plug ins were written when I was inspired by an idea, or when a specific need arose.
It is understandable to perhaps view this venture this as some form of a production quota, especially since previously a single plug-in per-day for a week was done, which in essence was some form of quota. In this case however, it is very much different. Generally speaking, I either tend write plug-ins out of my own interests or upon request.

Overall, I've taken plug-in requests from time to time and know this venture is managable as in general most plug-ins are rather simple and are usually used in combination with some form of larger idea or concept and therefore act as a subset or aspect of an idea.

The shift towards a monthly schedule is simply to allow for proper timing to create works which can properly integrate an idea in the form of a plug-in and map and have them compliment each other. (Similar to how Shooting Gallery by flying_popcorn works in the form of a plug-in/map combo.)

-Zehra

Latest 101 thread