UDP?

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
U812
Private First Class
Private First Class

UDP?

Post by U812 »

All,

Yesterday, when I joined a game, when I fired a shot I got the "Your end is not using UDP, turn on UDP" message. I've gotten that before and typically, logging off and restarting the game resolves that. This time, it doesn't matter how many times I restart, the issue persists. Any ideas? I haven't changed my computer's configuration.....

Thanks,

U812
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: UDP?

Post by Zehra »

Are you using a mobile hotspot or non-cable internet service provider?

Since fiddling with network settings has worked in one case. (This needs to be repeated, but it should work for a day or so, until next repeat.)

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
U812
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by U812 »

I'm using a T Mobile 5G internet for my ISP. I tried again today, still not working.
Zehra
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zehra »

T-mobile is known for blocking UDP connections. This may not work, since I'm on a different carrier/ISP, but changing the Set Preferred Network Type setting has worked for me.(I have to do it a few times for it to work.)

I use an app for Android called Network for this. Previously this was on F-droid, but it seems to be replaced/removed. There is a fork of it with the same name f-droid.org/en/packages/pl.lebihan.network/ whose repo is at github.com/mimi89999/Network. I have used the original, but cannot comment on the fork.

But this fixes the UDP problem for me. (For now.)

-Zehra
Those who are critical of me, I'll likely be the same of them. ~Zehra
The decisions we make are the ones we look forward too and the ones we regret. ~Zehra
There's a difference between knowing my name and knowing me, one shows respect to my name and the other is to who I am. ~Zehra

See where I've last been active at Strayers.
Visit BZList.net for a modern HTML5 server stats site.

Click here to view the 101 Leaderboard & Score Summaries Last updated 2021-01-12 (YYYY-MM-DD)
Latest 101 thread
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

"It seems to me from testing that T-Mobile's 464XLAT implementation has recently been changed to block UDP. To bypass the problem if you change your phone/hotspot's APN (Access Point Name) to use IPv4/IPv6 instad of just IPv6, then UDP starts working on 5G (and LTE)."

https://community.t-mobile.com/coverage ... -udp-36746
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

U812
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by U812 »

So weird! Today, it is back to normal without me changing any settings......