Why be in league

Discussions about the various leagues
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

lol, it is a pretty funny SIG! if anyone gets it is is me! i noticed it first!
|tim|
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by |tim| »

I like the referee idea, but... there won't always be one around and what if someone got a match and then find out there is no referee around? That wouldn't be fun

~Bring the Pain!~
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

ok
Last edited by SGI on Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

lol, that is just too much stuff to do just for a match, don't think anyone will go for it.
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

Ok
Last edited by SGI on Wed Mar 10, 2004 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bamf.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bamf. »

Being that 90% of matches are not planned in advance and played at a moments notice, implementing regulations like the above just aren't feasible.

There really haven't been any major issues with league matches with the exception of a match getting reported differently (rare) or the topic of this thread, which is the first of its kind. I don't see any reason to change anything.

The rules now are basic and based on common sense and common courtesy. All teams should have the opportunity to play and chance to take the glorious top spot.

So hang your issues at the entrance gate, be kind to your neighboring tank, try to be a gracious winner or courteous loser. Live long and prosper and all that crap.

I need more coffee.

Cheers tankers!
It's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says: Hey, can you give me a hand? You can say: Sorry, got these sacks.
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

bamf i totally agree! so how do we get fortix to match us now? David_V just ingores me :(

thx,
DB
SpyroVII
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SpyroVII »

Errrr..... Maybe I'm missing something here, but why do you *have* to match Fortix.....
:?:
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

cause they are #1 and we want their spot :)
and cause to be the best we need to beat all teams, and cause we just want to :)
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

ok, i am going to start a team 80T

we will match anyone, anytime. Team members will be named:

80T1
80T2
80T3
80T4
and myself G80T

no communication will be permitted to/from any team member during/after any match to/from any team.

I will control the verticle, the horizontal, and the flag.

Ok, taking membership resumes at the door, please indicate your choice of beverage.

:)
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Burned Account -CNG- »

hehe:)
after trying to take view of this issue from the other side i can see why so many teams wont match HoW. ive decided to come back to the league but i wanna be HoW but first i wanna try being on a different NEW team.

Im looking for 4-5 active competive players.
and since HoW well still be around we will always have a challenge :)
so if your interested pm me.
Do not enable this account with out admin aproval
SpyroVII
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SpyroVII »

Death Barrel wrote:cause they are #1 and we want their spot :)
and cause to be the best we need to beat all teams, and cause we just want to :)
Yeah, that's kinda what I thought, just making sure that it wasn't some deep, inciteful, and grand philosophical development....
Grumbler wrote:Ok, taking membership resumes at the door, please indicate your choice of beverage.
Really, can I join then? I'll take 200 gallons of cheese flavoured koolaide.....
|tim|
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by |tim| »

I'd say we should just leave it where it is with fortix, David_V will talk when he wants. It's not our decision

~Bring the Pain!~
Red Baron2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Red Baron2 »

glad to have you back carn. seeing as your going to try out a new team. i know of a team that would like a good player :D and could use one too. i'll give you three guesses on which one it is and the first two don't count 8)
"Those who say they have never been afraid are either lying, or their life has never amounted to much. Fear is nothing to be ashamed of. Often it makes man a better fighter, it inhances his senses, it gives him caution, and other qualities he will need. So when i am about, be wise....and fear."

-Wolf Tarlon-
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

|tim| srry no can do, can 't leave it where it is, freelancer and i did not start this thread cause we want to leave it where it is. we want to match them and we want there #1 spot :)

Carnage: i don't support that, what you are basically saying is you are going to start another team and only play with them for a while then come back to HoW? srry man it doesn't work that way, i am tired of looking at teams that are inactive and we already have enough of them. it is your choice, you are either a HoWian or your not. i really don't like it when my teammates/friends leave HoW then i got to sit there and beg them to come back, i am not going to do it anymore, so if you are going to start a new team you better stay with them and keep them active, cause a true HoWian is loyal and usually lets me know things before he/she decides to post things of this nature in public.

DB
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

eek.
i guess with my stuberness and greed with matches got the worst of me... didnt know i was letting so many people down i though you guys (HoW) would actually enjoy an active competive team
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

not letting us down. and yes we would enjoy an active competive team for a change. all i am saying is i am tired of inactiveness and i would like to prevent if at all possible. and you know you aren't the only one who loves matches ;) (hint hint) all i am saying is if that is what you want to do then that is fine. i am just not going to beg anymore or let players come and go as they please. if you join HoW you better get ready for a long haul! so i figure you need to make a decision.
Burned Account -CNG-
Private First Class
Private First Class

once a HoWian always a HoWian.
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

thats what i want to hear!
menotume
Major General
Major General

Post by menotume »

Just had a thought.

How about if teams lose 2 points for each day of inactivity, up to a limit. Maybe 2 bonus points for each extra match played per day (win or lose). Or something similar.

Could make the league more active.
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

you know, i think i have made that same sort of suggestion almost a year ago...lol, personally i think something like this is a good idea, but it is the rest of the league that we would have to conveince. i think we need to have some sorta league meeting and get all who can make it to show up and we can have this discussion and vote on stuff.

good thinking meno :)

DB
menotume
Major General
Major General

Post by menotume »

He he. Didn't know it was brought up before. Actually, after thinking about it a bit, perhaps it would be better to base it on a week's inactivity, as certainly some teams can't play every day. Perhaps -10 points if no match is played for a week.

Meeting? Ya, let's do. We have a new irc channel #bzleague, let's all use it to yell at each other, err ... discuss topics.
Death Barrel
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Death Barrel »

hehe, yeah we probabally need to start a new thread and set up a meeting for the month. not sure who did the last one, but i will be more than happy to get one togther for this month :)

DB

see>>
http://bzbb.bzflag.org/viewtopic.php?t=1517