Changing windowed mode size?

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Skigertank
Private
Private

Changing windowed mode size?

Post by Skigertank »

I'm using the latest version of Bzflag, and when I press f1 to enter windowed mode, I can seem to find how to change the size of the window. Is there any way to do so? Thanks. ^^
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Changing windowed mode size?

Post by SkillDude »

Running BZFlag in windowed mode is simply a matter of specifying argument parameters when running BZFlag. The particular one you are looking for is -window.

You can see more info about this via the bzflag docs: http://sigonasr2.servegame.org/uploader ... zflag.html

In order to utilize it in Windows, you can do it one of two ways:

Right-Click the BZFlag2.4.0 shortcut, Choose Properties. In Target, you should see something such as

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\BZFlag2.4.0_64Bit\bzflag.exe"
Add after this:

-window WIDTHxHEIGHT
And replace WIDTH and HEIGHT with numbers to get the appropriate window size. It should look like one complete command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\BZFlag2.4.0_64Bit\bzflag.exe" -window WIDTHxHEIGHT
The second option in Windows (Which works with Mac and Linux too since it's command line based), is to find the BZFlag executable, and adding the -window parameter to it. For example, my BZFlag in Windows is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\BZFlag2.4.0_64Bit. So I go into command prompt and type:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\BZFlag2.4.0_64Bit\"
Next, i type:

bzflag -window WIDTHxHEIGHT
to get the appropriate value.

If doing a make install where the command bzflag is recognized by the system, simply invoking bzflag -window WIDTHxHEIGHT regardless of location will give you the same result.

Hope this helped,
-Joshua Sigona
Skigertank
Private
Private

Re: Changing windowed mode size?

Post by Skigertank »

It works great! Thanks!