LinuxOrbit server will be down for the rest of January

Important stuff goes here.
Razzberry
Private First Class
Private First Class

LinuxOrbit server will be down for the rest of January

Post by Razzberry »

Hi folks,

Due to my recent upswing in bandwidth usage over the past 2 months, I'm going to have to keep the Linux Orbit Server down for a while. My current hosting provider has initiated as of January 1, new guidelines for bandwidth charges which will make my bill essentially quintuple if I leave the BZFlag server running. Since money is a wee bit tight these days, I really have no choice. Once the revenue streams for my other projects kick in, I'll try to bring the server back online.

Many thanks to the admins for making it a nice place to play and special thanks to Spaceman Spiff for the hard work on the map.

It shall return!

John
a.k.a. Razz
Fiberchunks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Fiberchunks »

ah, that's too bad -- that was a damn fine server, Razz, if I do say so myself :)

Can't wait to see it back up again!

Peace
Spaceman Spiff

:)

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

That's too bad Razz. Oh wellz... it's been quite fun! If you'd like.. I can create a Razzberry World Resurrection map whenever you can put the server back up. :) Could be cooler than before. ;)
Dervish
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Dervish »

Razz, I hope you find the funds to get your server back up after this period of time. You hosted an extremely smooth and virtually lag-free server.

Thank you for the dedication of time and resources to the community. :) I will miss your server quite a bit.
protected object myTank(){
foreach(noob in this.game){return frag(noob);}}
Razzberry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Razzberry »

Not to worry guys, it'll be back. The new bandwidth policy is in response to my virtual "free bandwidth ride" over the last 2 years. It's good to be friends with your rackspace landlord, but I knew the free ride would end soon enough. Thanks for the kind words too.