BZBureau is currently offline

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

BZBureau is currently offline

Post by mrapple »

Dear Mapmakers and Players,

Due to some extreme technical difficulties, BZBureau will be unavailable for a short while. We have had a kernel failure and I am currently working with the hosting company to restore everything.

Please note that BZBureau's free hosting will still continue, it is just unavailable for the time being.

I hope to have BZBureau back up and running tomorrow sometime, but there are no guarantees. It will definitely be back up on Monday though, so don't worry.

Sorry for the trouble,

mrapplecomputer1

-UPDATE- Most of the servers have been restored to working condition, but everything isnt perfect. A few maps switched ports, so sorry about that. Other then that I'll keep you posted
Strakowski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: BZBureau is currently offline

Post by Strakowski »

Aww... hope you get it back up as soon as possible! I just had a kernel failure on my Macintosh an hour ago, after a serious mess up in compiling BZFlag). I'm wiping my Hard Disk right now. Hope my backup has been working right. :shock:
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Strakowski wrote:Aww... hope you get it back up as soon as possible! I just had a kernel failure on my Macintosh an hour ago, after a serious mess up in compiling BZFlag). I'm wiping my Hard Disk right now. Hope my backup has been working right. :shock:
You normally would not need to wipe your hard drive because of a kernel panic. Just restart your computer.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
mrapple
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by mrapple »

and this isn't like that. the kernal update actually failed. but almost everything is back up now.
Strakowski
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Strakowski »

Spazzy McGee wrote: You normally would not need to wipe your hard drive because of a kernel panic. Just restart your computer.
Yeah, that's what i thought to, but I seemed to have irreparably damaged the startup functions of the kernel. I couldn't even make it to the glowing apple splash screen (would that be considered a "splash screen"?) in the beginning without the screen glazing over and the drive stopping. I tried safe-boot, command boot (all of them), but it still crashed. I did firewire it to a laptop and attempt to use disk utility to repair it externally, but it couldn't find any problems to repair. I couldn't locate my techTool disk (drat!), so I figured it would probably just be simpler to wipe it and restore from time machine. The whole process took 4 hours and it's right where it was before the crash .

But anyway, My computer isn't really a big problem at all (it's just a little home iMac that I massacred with terminal), but mrapplecomputer1's situation sounds quite serious. I wouldn't even know where to begin on a problem like that. That's why he's running BZBureau and I'm playing on it's servers. :)