Teleporter problem

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
Amaterasu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Teleporter problem

Post by Amaterasu »

Hi there!

I recently made a map myself and got the luck, that bzexcess is hosting it for free.
Perhaps someone know it. (hosting.bzexcess.com port 5180) xprog.ch beta map1.
The problem is: I tested the map with the configuration and variables file locally and everything worked without any problems. But on the server, the teleporters don't work.
They are as if they aren't linked together. I checked the variables and they're ok.
Well with the first map, they worked, but later I made an update (the map still worked offline) and it doesn't works anymore.

Anyone has a solution to the problem or an idea?
Please help me.
-Amaterasu
Visit my map: hosting.bzexcess.com:5180
http://www.xprog.ch
z[h]ero
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Teleporter problem

Post by z[h]ero »

Just attach your working offline-map file here, so we could analyse the issue.
Wirth's law: "Software is getting slower more rapidly than hardware becomes faster."
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I think the problem is that you have names for your teleporters, which doesn't work the same as it used to. BZEdit is an old tool and wasn't updated to handle that. I removed them the first time I put your map up, but forgot to remove them again when you gave me an updated copy. I've got a few things I need to do today when I get home, including fixing that for you. So hopefully that will be working again by tonight. :)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Amaterasu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Amaterasu »

i updated the teleporters and links, so that each has an unique name.
I hope that this will work in the first case.
Anyway thanks for the help!

-Amaterasu
Visit my map: hosting.bzexcess.com:5180
http://www.xprog.ch
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Amaterasu wrote:i updated the teleporters and links, so that each has an unique name.
I hope that this will work in the first case.
Anyway thanks for the help!

-Amaterasu
I think the issue is the fact that they have names at all. There was a change put in just before 2.0.12 that altered how it worked, so teleporters with a name cannot be referenced with an index number. Anyways, I'll try it later to see if your change works.

EDIT: flying_popcorn has a convert script that fixes the teleporters from BZEdit. More info here: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=12886
So worst case, I'll run the map through that or hand edit it (like I usually do).
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)