Important stuff goes here.
joevano
General
General

E-mail spoofing proposing to be from BZFlag.org

Post by joevano »

An e-mail has been received by a player, stating:

Code: Select all

<username>, your username and password was used in the wrong combination 15 times on May 27, 2008 (12:24:12 PM) - Your account will be deactivated if you do not reprove your username and password combination (THIS IS TO PROTECT YOU FROM ANY HACKERS TRYING TO ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT THUORGH THE BZFLAG WEBSITE), Please e-mail your username and password in the following template:

Username:

Password:
This message IS NOT from bzflag. Do not send your username and password to anyone. The forum admins never need to know it, nor does anyone else but yourself. Keep it safe and do not respond to this e-mail or similar e-mails.

If you have responded to this e-mail or a similar e-mail, change your forums password IMMEDIATELY. You can do that by clicking on the "Profile" link, in the menu bar above, while you are signed in.
-panda-
Private First Class
Private First Class

Thanks

Post by -panda- »

it would be helpfull to know the email address that is sending these cheap tricks?, :P, thanks, :D, ..:P thanks for warning us all, :) i say that because no1 else saays thanks.
blast
General
General

Re: Thanks

Post by blast »

chris10184 wrote:it would be helpfull to know the email address that is sending these cheap tricks?, :P, thanks, :D, ..:P thanks for warning us all, :) i say that because no1 else saays thanks.
The email address was being spoofed as coming from a bzflag.org email address. Knowing the address doesn't really do any good. Just know that we will never ask you for your username and password, in an email or otherwise.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)