Delock for GM

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Robotguy4
Private
Private

Delock for GM

Post by Robotguy4 »

I am pretty sure this has happened at least once for every player:

You get a GM flag, and hey! Its a green tank in your base!

Aim.
Press i.
FIRE!

BOOM!
BWAHAHAHAHAA!!!! :twisted: HES A SMOLDERING CRATER!

But wait, theres another one below you with wings. KILL IT!

Aim.
Press i.
FIRE!
:| Wait... Why is the GM going up, not dow-
:shock: *explicative*!*explicative*!*explicative*!!!! PRESS I PRESS I PRESS I PRESS I PRES-
BOOM!

Congratulations, you just killed your teammate who was guarding the flag. Now, that cheeky little green below you stole the flag and is now on a platform for Timbuktu... Or his base. The closer one, probably and unfortunately for you.

Now what would have been nice would be a button that would delock your GM so it would continue traveling as if the thing you locked on died or a straight line continuation until you lock on someone else.

This would stop the TKing and the frantic pounding on the keyboard in an attempt to make it stop.

Is it possible? My teammates are starting to get angry at me. :?
wanda
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by wanda »

Change the sequence:

aim
fire
(wait until missile passes your teammate)

lock (press i)
BOOM
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

You can "unlock" your GM by merely pointing at an empty space and pressing your lock key. It will continue its trajectory, but unless your teammate is standing still, he'll probably be okay. Alternatively, if you can quickly find another enemy tank somewhere away from your teammate, you can re-lock and make your GM veer away from your teammate.
Wreckage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Wreckage »

True, but often for me there are only teammates in front of me and I don't always have time to do a 180. Nice idea, but not especially needed...
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

Wreckage wrote:True, but often for me there are only teammates in front of me and I don't always have time to do a 180. Nice idea, but not especially needed...
If there are only team mates in front of you, you would not fire the GM in the first place, so there is no reason to unlock.
Just use common sense, and pay attention to who you are locked on to.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Wreckage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Wreckage »

A Distraction wrote: If there are only team mates in front of you, you would not fire the GM in the first place, so there is no reason to unlock.
Just use common sense, and pay attention to who you are locked on to.
Well duh :D, I mean that in the case like a misfire etc. These types of cases are rare though, so you are right.