Specific Spawn Zones

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
knoxcorner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Specific Spawn Zones

Post by knoxcorner »

I'm trying to get a tank to spawn on a base, but I'm having lots of problems. When the tank spawns, It spawns correctly, but IN the base rather than on top, where I need it to spawn. This map is very difficult to understand, considering it has loads of bugs.

The map is supposed to be like a 2x capture the flag map. Its not completely done. You have to start on your base, ride the physics to the other team's base, and take their flag, and of course, bring it back to yours. Then after you take the opposing teams' flag, and captured it, you go through a teleporter (these have not been put in the map yet due to the current problems im already having........) and the teleporter will take you to the next level, and you repeat the process again, except this time, the teleporter will bring you into the main battle field, where the game continues on again much like a FFA. It's like when your a little kid, you have to work before you play. You'll probably have enough trouble just trying to get into the rail like things (physics drivers) then trying to fix the map because you're always spawn in them and getting stuck.
Attachments
leveledout.bzw
Map File
(5.15 KiB) Downloaded 254 times

[The extension conf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

you have four bases, but they only specify two teams, make one base for each team using color.
And make sure that bases aren't placed in the exact same spot.
And of course make sure you allow all four teams to join with -mp #maximum players
And don't forget to allow tanks to spawn on buildings with -sb. If you dont want to use -sb, then you can make your base have a heighth of zero and is positioned at a Z of zero.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.