Easy Target's Castle Wars

Previews and comments on future maps.
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

I'll see if i want to do that, but one comment kinda bugs me...
just like in real missile wars
It is not my purpose in making this map to make it like missile wars!
It is supposed to be its own entity. This map is not affiliated with missile wars in any way :evil:

But i must thank DW for helping me sooo much in map making

I'll see what i can do...

p.s. i'm still adding the textures so be patient.
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Thank you for making those screenshots brighter. Now I can actually see your map! Nice job.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

i like the new one=) right in the middle not too much not too lil=)
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

Easy Target wrote:I'll see if i want to do that, but one comment kinda bugs me...
just like in real missile wars
It is not my purpose in making this map to make it like missile wars!
It is supposed to be its own entity. This map is not affiliated with missile wars in any way :evil:.
Okay, It's not supposed to be like missile wars? But still make the boxes drive through? If I left out that comment, I wonder if you would have done it...
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

Ya, i've decided to make the boxes drive through, and less opaque, but it has nothing to do with missile wars, I am not trying to make a missile wars replica.

also, can someone pls give me the code to make a zone on top of a surface above ground... i know its something like "fb" or something but i forgot :?
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Code: Select all

zone
  name flags
  position 0 0 50
  size 10 10 10
  zoneflag GM
end
Is that what you mean? -fb just allows flags to be on buildings, but the flags still spawn randomly.
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

k lemme try and see if that works.
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

ok, i'm having a real problem with my textures, i'm attaching a word edit copy of my map with the meshboxes and textures pls help me if you see something wrong.
because whenever i test my map, it says "cannot load *** texture" fill in blank with texture name.
So i have no idea what to do now and it's making me really frustrated :x
pls pls pls help me!
Attachments
castle wars.bzw
(26.01 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Are your textures on the internet? Are they PNG's? Does your code look like this?:

Code: Select all

material
  name colorful
  texture http://www.putyour.url/here.png
end

meshbox
  size 10 10 10
  position 0 0 0
  matref colorful
end
If yes to all that, then I have no idea what is wrong...
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
thank you so much, i didnt put the website address maybe thats why! thank you soooooo much :D :D :D
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

I tried it and it worked
but wont people be subjected to local denial when they load my map?
I was denied, and then i had to go into download access and change the configs...
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Well, thats the main problem. You just have to convince people to change their DownloadAccess.txt so that they can see textures.
However, you can upload them here if you choose: http://images.bzflag.org/submitimages/
if they are uploaded to the image submitter, people won't have any downloading problems.
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

oh ok, so then i'll find a good texture and then upload it, thanks!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Easy Target wrote:oh ok, so then i'll find a good texture and then upload it, thanks!
Please do not steal textures from a random Internet site, if that's what you mean by "find a good texture".
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

no, i'm not stealing from a random internet sight, i meant like textures from like images.bzflag.org and stuff like that lol sorry if i wasnt clear on that =P
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

OK, I've added textures and a few zones, although I am happy with the textures, the zones I'm a little shaky on.
EDIT: also, can someone pls help me make zoneflags able to spawn on buildings? -fb wont work for me.
Attachments
bzfi0027.png
(554.63 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
bzfi0028.png
(728.15 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
bzfi0029.png
(735.9 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
castle wars.bzw
(28.47 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Not bad. Keep it up.
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

I played on it just now and found it a little similar to Missile War 2 but this also has it's own characteristics. Very nice work!
I'd say move the thread to 'Map Releases'?
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Out on the lacrosse field, taking names and getting phone numbers...

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Awesome map Easy Target! Few things wrong with it but i dont remebr what they are.... who cares anyways? right? I like the whole gate idea... and i argee with whodaman? by moving this to "map realeses" with a good license for it.... this map looks like it will look really popular! Way to go easy tartget, you diserve a round of appaluse from the fourm community! *clap* clap *clap*
"Your happiness is not my happiness it is my misery"
~Feuer Frei~--Rammstein--
Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! -- LtKirby2007
Check out PWN@G3 plus! http://my.bzflag.org/league/index.php?l ... fo&id=1131&
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

Thank you everyone!... But the reason that I haven't moved it to map releases yet is because I'm not fully done yet, and I don't want to release it until I'm completely positive that the map is the way that I desire.

P.S. when you guys are testing the map, do you get "local access denied"?
I'm just wondering. P.S.P.S. "local access denied" is when you can't download the textures that I have input into my map. Please tell me if this happens to you (without you having to change your access code)

-Take it Easy-
-Easy Target-
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

OK, I've added a few more zones for better play. Here is the bzw version of my map.

p.s. does anyone know if there is a code for making only 2 specific teams spawn, because when I was testing it, I had spawned as a purple lol and this is red v blue. I have spawn zones for the 2 teams, but I want to block out all others...
Attachments
castle wars.bzw
(29.29 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Hey Easy your still double posting... :)
but i have no clue on the blocking things.. dont even know how to spawnzone so im useless!
Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! -- LtKirby2007
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Umm look in you conf file. You shouldn't be able to spawn as anything but red or blue if you have the max. players per team set.
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

SirIchBeenCool wrote:Hey Easy your still double posting... :)
but i have no clue on the blocking things.. dont even know how to spawnzone so im useless!
Please look at the times that I posted before you accuse me of double posting :wink:

CUPCAKE===> how do I set max players per team, and what would you believe to be a good number for my map?

[EDIT]: OK, I have just set the max shots for a few flags, how does this sound?
-SW 10
-SB 45
-G 4
-L 25
-GM 30
-and a wings jump count of 6

-Take it Easy-
-Easy Target-
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Sounds good but i would add at least 8 wg jumps because it is frustrating to players if you cannot get all the way to the other base tih out landing..... but other than that looks good!

and BTW easy it was just a joke... :D .... to loosen up eveyone spirts... ya know what i mean?

well looks good time for it to get hosted! p.s. i could use some help on the spawn zones and stuff like that.... thanks....

-Thanks-
~SirIchBeenCool~