TX5

Previews and comments on future maps.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

TX5

Post by F687/s »

This is another attempt at making a decent map. The general idea here is that there are two bases close together, with a wall separating them. This is a very sparse map, which focuses on dodging rather than cover.
Attachments
tx4.bzw
TX4
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
bzfi0073.jpg
(424.92 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
bzfi0072.png
Overhead
(950.76 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

way too easy and way to small and empty but it has potential
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Looks a bit too bulky in my opinion. Perhaps add another way to get past the wall, like some steps.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

> Looks a bit too bulky in my opinion. Perhaps add another way to get past the wall, like some steps.

This is a no jumping map.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

You can still have stairs with no jumping in a map, just set a high _maxBumpHeight.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

the screen shots and the downloadable file look totally different...

I dont know if its just me or if you have attached the wrong file...
from the screenies, i'm not sure if the pyramids in the corners offer anything to the map, they are just there to take up space..

i would also like to see more rico opps. since you are one of the masters of rico ops (or atleast i consider you to be) :mrgreen:
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

silver surfer wrote:way too easy and way to small and empty but it has potential
Oh boy..

Look at some of the classic, popular maps, what do they have in common? Oh right: Open space.

Pillbox, Overlord, HiX, Babel... they all have tons of open areas to allow for one on one fighting.

And about the "way too small", it is the standard map size (400 units). Most maps use this size, including the ones mentioned above.

Oh, and please learn how to spell and use punctuation... It would really help us take you seriously.

F687/s
Looks good so far... I'll assume this was meant to use ricochet, 'cause I can see quite a few nice options in there... good work so far.
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Looks good to me.

Post by Gabriel G »

Looks nice f687/s,
I like the idea of people being so close to the base yet being a bit far away at the same time. So far, like Winny said, it has some fairly decent ricochet opportunities. Perhaps you could convert the triangles in the corners into boxes so you can ricochet of those too? Otherwise, I can't wait to play!

Easy Target
I would assume that there are pyramids there so you can hide your team flag there or go for cover... but that's just me conjecturing again. You never know, I might be right one of these days.
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

Ya I was thinking about that and I feel kinda stupid right now for even posting the comment :oops: lol. I guess I just had a brain freeze.

f687 i like the map get it up soon, because all of your maps help me get my bz-skills up 8)
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

PETER wrote:Looks a bit too bulky in my opinion. Perhaps add another way to get past the wall, like some steps.
I think this is intended to be a map like is played on ducati (I know, it's randomly generated, I merely meant playing-wise), pillbox, or other things of that type of playability. No, I don't think it's meant to be "a clone", so don't get on my case. But multi-levels just changes a no-jumping-map's playing, while it is a nice change now and then.

I too like the bases close to each other but separated by that wall. I've tried several maps like that, but I'm glad to see you're making one too. It's a nice change. My only suggestion, which isn't necessary at all with how your map is developing, is adding angled things, even if they are at 45 degrees. Do you plan to make this with ricochet in the options?
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

Code: Select all

options
	-a 0 0
	-c
	+r
	-ms 3
	-mp 0,15,0,15,0,50
	-set _tankSpeed 30.0
end
Those are my options for this map.

Also, you are right. It does look smaller in the screenshots than it does when you play it. I'm guessing it's because of the large sizes of the objects.

> I would assume that there are pyramids there so you can hide your team flag there or go for cover...
> but that's just me conjecturing again. You never know, I might be right one of these days.

And you are right.

I have the map hosted at bzfmaps.net:5034 at the moment, if you want to test it out.