silver surfers towering ctf

User made maps to use on servers.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

ok yay im gonna make a new post!i havnt fixed it yet... but itll b within the next 20 minutes... i can feel it comin...
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

how do i delete a post?
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

No... No... No

Post by Gabriel G »

Ok make a new post... Not a TOPIC. I said Edit your first post. Technically only a moderator, or administrator can delete a TOPIC or POSTS. Assuming you mean topic when you say post because you're talking about it as if it's a BIG thing.
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

macsforme
General
General

Re: No... No... No

Post by macsforme »

SkaterGOD/DOOD23 wrote:Ok make a new post... Not a TOPIC. I said Edit your first post. Technically only a moderator, or administrator can delete a TOPIC or POSTS. Assuming you mean topic when you say post because you're talking about it as if it's a BIG thing.
Users can delete their own posts in some forums... click the "X" button in the upper-right corner of your post, next to quote, edit, etc. It doesn't look like it's possible in this forum.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

theres no x next to my posts :( and ive seen it before im not being a retard...
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Looks alright, I can't really see that many rico opportunity's but the layout looks good.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

remember im still makin fixes.... and how do people get those signature animation things.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

silver surfer wrote:how do people get those signature animation things.
Go to your profile and add one, meaning you would need to have one prepared on your computer. This really isn't the best place to ask for that kind of stuff. People already seem to be a little on edge with your thread :)
silver surfer wrote:theres no x next to my posts and ive seen it before im not being a retard...
There's no need to use the word "retard".
Right after you post something an "X" will appear next to your post, meaning it can be deleted (I think). Though, when you go to another site or even the next page, I think it goes away. Something like that anyway, I'm sure someone will correct me.

When you say "post" do you mean "thread" or?...
A post is what I'm writing right now, a single post in a thread. A thread is a topic started, posts are what someone writes in the thread.

Hope that made sense.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

silver surfer
Punctuation and proper spelling are greatly appreciated in this forum. What kind of changes will you be making?
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

a post.. and theres no X next to it
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

> a post.. and theres no X next to it

There is only an X if it's your last post you made. For example, now that I'm posting, there will now not be an X after your post.

It's not too late to part from your ways...
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

o.....
and peter... it will be less "emty"
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

Being able to delete one's post is primarily determined by the forum section settings which are set by a forum administrator. It doesn't matter if you are the last person to post if the forum section settings don't allow post deletion anyway.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

i got the upgrades....

Post by silver surfer »

here the new upgraded map... hopefully for the last time...
here it is hope u like it... bit less "empty..."
Attachments
Silver_Surfers_Map.bzw
(13.83 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

It really doesnt offer much to play with does it? Majority of the map is empty, and the world size is extremely large for such an empty map.

There are teleporters that lead to other teleporters at pointless locations such as the ones on the sides of map next to the "building" and the tele leads to on top which is about 200 units above playing field, so everything is out of range and would be pointless to even take the tele. The pyramids that go around the border of the map, i believe that you put there just for looks, which adds nothing to the game play. also, it would be very easy for a person to just waltz right across the entire field within a matter of seconds (cuz of really fast tank speed) and steal the flag and return it to their own base.

There arent enough obstacles to stop a person from capturing within 30 seconds of team grab. Majority of the objects that you put on the map do not help the player. Try to add more ricochet possibilities so that it would make game play more fun.

Maybe try and reduce the size of the map as well, because if you're not gonna put that much stuff in the map, you should probably make it smaller.

try and strategically place the objects that you are using instead of just lobbing them around to make them "look good" instead of play good.

Keep trying :wink:

p.s. you may think that i am being harsh, but once you test your map (if you havent already) you will see exactly what i'm talking about.
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

:( i feel like the ugly duckling ahu ahu ahu
o yeh thx... i need to fix the gm towers( the side towers...) i thought they were too tall neways=/
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

ok how do u delete threads im gonna completely fix the map.... how do i delete this thread i probably wont b donefor like... a long time...
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

silver surfer wrote:ok how do u delete threads im gonna completely fix the map.... how do i delete this thread i probably wont b donefor like... a long time...
Then don't give us an "update" every single time you change something.

Wait until you're 99% done the map, and then make one final post here, asking if people see any problems.

Most people don't even post a Work in Progress thread, they just post their map to the Map Releases forum, and get opinions there.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

i kn thats y i want to delete this thread so when im completly done i can just put it in an empty thread...
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

i know thats y i want to delete this thread so when im completly done i can just put it in an empty thread...
Last edited by silver surfer on Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

double post my b
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

kool

Post by silver surfer »

cool im almost done updating hainf jefenry check it ot right now 8)
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Re: kool

Post by Winny »

silver surfer wrote:cool im almost done updating hainf jefenry check it ot right now 8)

Dude, use the edit button. You don't need to put 4 posts in a row.

Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

I think I specified that users can't delete TOPICS, mostly moderators/administrators can... They CAN on the other hand delete their own post.

Perhaps making a whole new topic would be a good idea as this topic is getting a bit full, and many users are having to go to the 2nd page just to see the updated version.

I agree with Winny, use the "EDIT" button when posting, so when you update your map you can just do it on the first post you made.
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

ok...

Post by silver surfer »

ok ill just update the first page from now on... o yeh how do i delete the attachments? o w8 remember nvm