Tunnels

User made maps to use on servers.
jftsang
Private First Class
Private First Class

Tunnels

Post by jftsang »

This is my new map. The name does it no justice. Please think of a better name.
Attachments
Tunnels.bzw
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 254 times
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

Interesting idea, however, the map is pretty simplistic, even by my standards. However, there are a few flaws.

1. There appears to be little strategy. It's mainly "don't die." The bullets are WAY too fast, and the map's not that large to begin with.

2. I noticed a bug where it is possible to spawn outside of the tunnels. Noting that there's no way to go back inside...or get over...you're pretty much stuck.

3. You have some *ahem* interesting coding conventions. (This isn't as much as a bad thing as it is a curious thing. Do you program in any other languages?)

Overall, it has the potential to be alright, as it is. If you want it to be great, how about you add a few more tunnels, connected by teleporters, and make a tunnel world?
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jefenry »

I gave it a try, but I think the bullet range is too long. If you sit in the center of your base, and aim at the right spot, you can get your bullets to go all the way to the enemy's base. Two guys doing that on both sides of the tunnel would effectively prevent any of the opposite team from even having a chance of fighting.
To remedy this problem, I would either decrease the bullet range, or give the wings flags a lot of jumps. That way, you have two or three "levels" of tunnel.
jftsang
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jftsang »

F687/s wrote:
2. I noticed a bug where it is possible to spawn outside of the tunnels. Noting that there's no way to go back inside...or get over...you're pretty much stuck.
I've fixed that in the new version... the zones are too big by one unit.
jftsang
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jftsang »

Jefenry wrote:
To remedy this problem, I would either decrease the bullet range, or give the wings flags a lot of jumps. That way, you have two or three "levels" of tunnel.
Good idea. :-)

I might build a huge network of tunnels. There used to be a maze server... anybody know what happened to it?
Albino Blacksheep
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Albino Blacksheep »

screenies?
jftsang
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jftsang »

Albino Blacksheep wrote:screenies?
nothing worthy at the moment
jftsang
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jftsang »

New version. This time I still have the flags but they span the whole map, as do the spawn points. I've removed the cover and put in a few extra (some of which drive-through) walls. I have not changed the shots.
Attachments
Tunnels.bzw
(3.3 KiB) Downloaded 265 times