Pier fun

User made maps to use on servers.
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Pier fun

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

Here's my latest map. It's a CTF at the ocean!

There are two main paths to the other base: One high, one low. The high path sends you up to a giant building. You will need to grab a narrow flag to enter the building, where you will find some wings flags. Using the wings flags to float across the gap, being careful not to touch the red pillars, the walls, or the floor! You have just enough _wingJumpCount to reach the other side. At the other side, pick up another narrow flag to leave the building. (the narrow flags are in lieu of the flagstay plugin)

The lower path takes you along the pier, through many interesting obstacles. Near the center, you go through a teleporter which brings you to the top of a tall tower. You can drive down a spindly staircase, or drop down if you're feeling lucky. You can also go backwards along this route.

I have lowered the _jumpVelocity for this map.

Edited: new map version.
Attachments
PierFun2.bzw
The map a second time around...
(22.8 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Pierfun1.JPG
This shows the way in to the big building, and the narrow flags. Also, the path up to this building is booby trapped: what looks like floor is space, and what looks like space is floor.
(79.06 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Pierfun2.JPG
A view from above. Those red things are the tops of the pillars inside the big room.
(96.01 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Pierfun3.JPG
The center area, and some obstacles beyond it.
(76.02 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Last edited by Joe-Schmoe on Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join MI6!
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Now hosted at fairserve.bzflag.org:5255.
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

Yay! Thanks Constitution! :D
Join MI6!
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Nice map!
My only problem is that its way too easy to die... I was playing against someone today, and the score ended up as something like -6 to -18. And we never shot each other. Also, when you throw the flag, its pretty much impossible to get.

And why are there drivethrough blocks on that pathway up top? I found that quite annoying because I couldn't get up there...
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

Ah...the drivethrough blocks are tricky. You have to land on the spaces that are invisible. The drivethrough blocks show you where NOT to jump. I changed it so the drivethrough blocks have the "bubble" texture, so it's a bit clearer that you're not mean to drive there, and the invisible blocks have pillars supporting them.

I have also put some more barriers in, widened the paths, and removed some of the jumps, to reduce the amount of deaths that don't come from being hit :) my friend also mentioned that it's pretty tough to navigate. Are there any particular places where it was too difficult that I should fix?

There's also a safety zone near the center for the team flags now.
Join MI6!
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Just updated the map on Fairserve.
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

I just went online to check, and it looks like the old map is still up!

I wasn't very savvy, and only edited the first post a mere half hour before you posted. Did you perchance download it from the original post during the window of time between when I posted the fix and updated the first post? If you did then you probably downloaded the first version again...

Sorry about this mix-up! The correct version is up there now.
Join MI6!
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Updated again... I'm not sure what the differences are, and I no longer have the original map to compare it to. Hope it's right.
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

I checked and it is correct :)
Join MI6!