Google summer of code mentor summit

Important stuff goes here.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Google summer of code mentor summit

Post by JeffM »

Ok, so as I hope you all know, The BZFlag project successfully participated in the Google Summer Of Code program for 2007 ( see http://code.google.com/soc/2007/ for more info ).

We did so well in fact, google invited 3 of the project mentors to come over to the Googleplex in Mountain View California to discuss the project and how to make it better if they have it next year ( I think they will ;) ).

Learner, DTRemenak, and myself accepted the offer and spent a full day talking about open source projects, students, and BZFlag to other open source organizations and Google. It was a great experience.

So firstly I'd like to thank our Summer of Code students again, you all were awesome. With out you none of this would have been possible.

I'd also like to thank our community. If BZFlag was not as popular as it is, and did not have the community it does, we'd never have been able to even attract this level of attention.

So all of you give yourselves a big round of applause, you've made it so we can hobnob with projects like NetBSD, drupal, Eclipse, and blender. We all learned a lot and got a lot of good ideas for the future, so thank you all very much.
Last edited by JeffM on Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageJeffM
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Awesome job guys Thanks for doing this.