Bundling BZW Tools

Discussion, updates, modifications, etc for the various map editors...
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Bundling BZW Tools

Post by Teppic »

This is not the first time I have considered altering the blender distribution archive to include an installed and working BZW Tools

I need help on how to go about this:

For Mac:
Someone to un-archive the download, install and configure BZWTools, then archive it again (I think that is all?)

For Windows:
Help with hacking open the installer or knowing which free software to use to repackage it after installing BZWTools

For Linux:
I think maybe a .deb to install for Ubuntu would be a good idea, but I have used Gentoo for 3+ years now and have no idea where to start with that.

For all but linux:
Distribution, I can host this stuff but my bandwith isn't designed to put out 20 odd meg files quickly, so I reckon on needing people who will download (via bittorrent) win and mac versions and seed indefinitely until a new version is released (bit torrent is easy enough isn't it, doesn't everyone use it?)
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

Yes, I know this is a month old. But, has any progress been made on this? I have successfully installed BZWTools before and am willing to do it again (I will need to do some research on this first). Please P.M me if you are interested.
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

Well, with most of the work done by Legolas_, there are now two Mac 'Bundles', just download, unzip and go**

I did the Windows version, and that's a self extracting .exe file, again run and go.

AT the moment they are 3 torrent file the urls of which are located here

**you need to change the texture path, in a scripts window, scripts>>>>object>>bzwtools>>settings>>put you home folder name in the bit that says <your>, apply and exit, ready to go.