teamspeak

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Evanejk
Private First Class
Private First Class

teamspeak

Post by Evanejk »

I just downloaded teamspeak, how do I use it with bzflag?
Tanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tanner »

BZFlag does not use teamspeak for voice-voice communications or have any. Some servers may have their own personal teamspeak servers, but BZFlag does not have any.

-Tanner
Tanner - Segway HT i180 Red Owner - Random Map Creator - BZStocks - TS Software

Evanejk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Different Program

Post by Evanejk »

Tanner wrote:BZFlag does not use teamspeak for voice-voice communications or have any. Some servers may have their own personal teamspeak servers, but BZFlag does not have any.

-Tanner
Do you know if there is another program like teamspeak that can be used with bzflag?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the applications work independent of bzflag, you can use any of them. you will have to find a server to use with them, as was stated bzflag servers themselves don't have any voice capabilities.

Basicly ask the people you play with if they use teamspeak or whatever, if they do, find out what voice server they are on and if you can join them
ImageJeffM
Evanejk
Private First Class
Private First Class

voice talk

Post by Evanejk »

Maybe someone could make a voice talk function that could be enabled on the conf file when makeing a server.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

A little looking around on these forums and you will find that your suggestion is technically feasible and has been suggested many times, and shot down just as many times. The issue is with bandwidth. On the server side, there is usually very little bandwidth to spare for voice. Many BZFlag servers sit on home internet connections, and those that don't are usually supported by the owner paying for a box at a remote hosting facility. Myself as a server owner, am not interested in getting more bandwidth to support the game and voice chat, too. There are servers for voice chat, use them while playing the game. The text chatting is sufficient in most game situations. The other issue, which has plagued X-Box live and other chat enabled services, is the inability to monitor what is being said over the chat functionality, automatically. In my experience the language tends to get a little saltier than what most BZFlag servers allow, as kids play on many of our servers (my kids included). I am not willing to pay for more bandwidth so some little 13 year old, with an attitude problem, that just learned some new words can use them to show how "cool" he is.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

There are already plenty of solutions available. I have started a page about Voice Chat software on the wiki.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)