Sandbox 3-way FFA

Previews and comments on future maps.
bremac
Private
Private

Sandbox 3-way FFA

Post by bremac »

Warning: If you're looking for a complicated map, or eyecandy with 3D models, you'd might as well get back to browsing the forum. The 'Sandbox' title comes from the sandbox play I've had coming up with ricochets against bots (they seem to find the easiest spots to get hit by pyramid-walkway-wall-walkway ricochets), not from a literal sandbox itself. :)

I've never actually made a map before, so I'm just posting this one for feedback to improve it, hopefully to the point of being hostable; 'playtesting' against Cupcake and a bot didn't yield much in the way of ideas, just a lot of being killed by Cupcake. It's supposed to be designed so that well-placed ricochets are quite effective, but with enough cover that randomly firing won't be an effective strategy. The whole thing is fairly minimal, to remove the annoying 'hunt until you corner someone' effect of most maps with few players, and because I wrote everything out by hand in about 15 minutes (without defines either, since vim effectively made it so it took me just as long to copy and tweak as to create a group).

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
screenshot.png
Obligatory screenshot
(907.43 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
sandbox.bzw
Sandbox 3-way FFA
(2.9 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

It's a nice map, but not really for many people to play on at once. The size is too small for that.

However, theres a good system of spawning so that you can rarely be spawn camped, which is handy.
The Frog Master
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Frog Master »

Not bad, reminds me of one of halo3's maps
Ummmm, yea, errrrrr, hi, hey, is this thing on??
Probably not, oh well, ahhhh, wellll, the thing is... ahh tarnation, who cares.