Cheating admins?! What to do?

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
The Vet
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Vet »

What about a public blacklist of cheat servers, cheaters and corrupt admins that could be regulated by the higher-ranking registered players? Submissions to the list would be controlled as well so that noone is wrongfully accused. However, a dedicated investigation and maintenance team would have to be set up to regulate the blacklist.
I believe it's well worth it since it will serve as a warning to the public for who to watch out for.
ghost.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Cheats...

Post by ghost. »

The Vet wrote:What about a public blacklist of cheat servers, cheaters and corrupt admins that could be regulated by the higher-ranking registered players? Submissions to the list would be controlled as well so that noone is wrongfully accused. However, a dedicated investigation and maintenance team would have to be set up to regulate the blacklist.
I believe it's well worth it since it will serve as a warning to the public for who to watch out for.

I think that's a brill idea.
However, the cheating is getting so bad now, that i am thinking of giving up playing alltogether...
It's simply not fun anymore, to all too often get on to a server, just to find that it's not a fair game to be played.
The cheating is almost getting as bad now as it was in the 1.x version, and yesterday, i saw 8 cheaters online, using blatant cheats.
Some, being players that you wouldn't have thought would cheat, but obviously is...

I have been playing since dawn of time, or SGI that is, but i don't know about this anymore...
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

All servers are private, and there is no regulating body. Nor should there be. Players vote with their tanks, bad servers don't live long...
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Cheats...

Post by A Meteorite »

Ghost. wrote:I think that's a brill idea.
Some, being players that you wouldn't have thought would cheat, but obviously is...
Non-administration related type cheating has been going on for a long while. There are players (myself included) that are being targeted by the perpetrators by using our names. Basically, if someone is cheating with a '-' beside their name, or using some ridiculously similar well-known name, it is not them.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

The BZFlag developers do regulate use of all global services (BZBB, list server, wiki, IRC, etc). People who abuse the list by running advertised cheat servers are likely to be blocked from the list if they don't use a separate game protocol number.

However, it is not the devs' job to settle disputes or deal with anything that goes on in individual servers.

Increasingly, Known cheaters who troll large portions of the public list are also masterbanned, but this usually coincides with some other kind of service abuse.
donny_baker wrote:All servers are private, and there is no regulating body. Nor should there be. Players vote with their tanks, bad servers don't live long...
Precisely.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Even if they DO use a different protocol version, we will ban servers that advertise themselves as cheat servers.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)