Flag Race

Expand and mod your server.
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Flag Race

Post by meeba »

Alright, so I'm not entirely sure how this was possible, being that I am a total newbie when it comes to C++, but after working a while at it, getting help, and looking up other things, I have finally done it.

It's the Flag Race plug in. Basically, the goal is simply to FIND an enemy flag. Once you do that, your team gains a point and the enemy loses one, much like traditional CTF, only without the running back. Finding the flag also acts as a geno for the player who finds the flag, killing everyone on the enemy team in their name. The player who finds the flag is then destroyed by the server and sent back to their base.

This plugin is in use on a new NullBZ rotation for mazes on nullbzflag.gotdns.com port 5156.

Oh, and some credit:
I used little bits and pieces of L4M3R's FairCTF plugin, blast helped me out a little bit last night while I started this, and then I had to look up some real quick information in louman's King of The Hill plugin.

Anyways, hope that at least someone likes it. It was fun to make.

There is currently no enable/disable command to alternate between flag racing and classic CTF. I will add this soon, though, so stay tuned. :)

Suggestions are welcome.

EDIT: Re-uploading the file. I forgot to copy and paste something somewhere, so things weren't triggering when a team grabbed the Red Flag.
Attachments
flagRace.ZIP
Fixed a small problem. Once again, Linux .so is inside, but all users are recommended to compile themselves.
(44.15 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
Davy Jones
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Davy Jones »

Excellent, I thought of an idea for this plug-in before, though i never got around to it, ne1 got a server for ?

I'm too lazy to make my own
Owner @ The Twin Towers
Admin @ The Two Boxes
Cop @ Army Of One
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Like I said, it's up on the NullBZ rotation.

Server: nullbzflag.gotdns.com
Port: 5156

It's a maze with no radar, and it rotates between two different mazes. There are some changes on the plugin there that I am still testing, and are not up on the forums here yet.