Gas Giant

User made maps to use on servers.
Spectre
Private First Class
Private First Class

Gas Giant

Post by Spectre »

The year is 3287. Earth has developed craft traveling at speeds many times that of light, with access to adjacent galaxies within days. A powerful mineral has been discovered in the cores of gas giant planets: Jupiterium, named for the home system's gas planet. A rich source of this mineral compressed into its smallest possible form has been found in a gas giant known as Garyote, in the system of M45YT3. This source has the potential to power Earth for billions of years and the two largest mining corporations on Earth have their eyes on it. They have both set up mining stations hovering above Garyote using anti-mass repulsor systems. They will not coexist, due to their greed. They have resorted to war. There is one determining factor that will decide the miners of the planet forever...

...you! Gas Giant is now officially released under Public Domain, open for hosting. I cannot get telling screenshots of the interior of the bases, due to their complexity, so I urge potential hosts to test the map instead of going by the screenshots posted. Prepare yourself, because we're talking 13.6 KB of hand-coded, fast-moving, dangerous planetary platform warfare with your view obstructed by gas particles. Don't fall - there are no second chances in this red versus green CTF (except for the "i" key and right mouse button).
Attachments
gasGiant.bzw
The map file.
(13.58 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
bzfi0022.png
An overview of the map.
(579.42 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bzfi0023.png
Steps leading up to a higher level of platforms.
(728.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bzfi0024.png
A bunker stationed outside of the red base.
(928.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Keeping Latin alive in 2766 AUC.
Gamma
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Gas Giant

Post by Gamma »

Nice story line :D It looks like a pretty neat map. I look forward to playing it :)

...BZFlag Forever.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Nice map. Up at bztraining.org port 4500
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Spectre
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Spectre »

Note to viewers: if you play, and see room for improvement (within reasonable boundaries) please PM me. Things that have been suggested already are:
-safe flag zones
-easier CTF mode
-more bunkers
If, however, the problem is playable with teamwork, leave it. The map is designed to promote tactical warfare.
Spectre
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Spectre »

Your supply shuttle's arrival was delayed by engine failure. The ship was detained, but the payload is still intact. Project 1.5 will achieve completion upon server update.
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Updated.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
hutty
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hutty »

Yay!
For all of you who have asked what a hutty is, there is one as my avatar.

instant map... just add water