Tag-team

User made maps to use on servers.
Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

Tag-team

Post by Agent West »

The idea behind this map is that players would use Thief flag to keep the opponents from capturing the team flag. This map is simple, nothing really to see, so no screenshots yet.
i'd like for someone like sniper15 to set up a public test server to test the idea (since Thief did not work on private server).
This is battle of teams, not individual players. Teamwork will determine the score.
the only downside is that teams have to have equal number of players.
Attachments
tag-team.bzw
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Rest in peace, AliceD (AKA Happy Alice)! miss ya!
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Tag-team

Post by Bambino »

Someone like me to setup a test server? I must laugh. I'm on a laptop...wifi...server on wifi equals 50+ jitter. I tried it, kinda sucked. But I could host the map for like an hour at peak time just to test the concept of it. Most players are solo and don't like mass amounts of teamwork, some players don't understand it.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Agent West
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Agent West »

any server is better than no server, sniper :)

NOTE: plese set "_noClimb 0" i believe i forgot about that in the map file
Rest in peace, AliceD (AKA Happy Alice)! miss ya!
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I don't get it. I turn off my firewall, unblock my router ports and all that, comb through my config and double check the sample one on the wiki. I can't get it on the list server it sucks :evil: . And my IP is static so it won't change (checked it and double checked everything is fine. It will not work. I just don't get it :? . Sorry Agent West, it may have to wait.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Okay, I am a complete and total idiot, all the server ops can laugh. My mistake in the config was I didn't quote the /password :doh: I will put it up tomorrow for a day or so just for playability testing.
Will be up at sniper15.servegame.org port 5154 at 3:20pm PST (or w/e it is)
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Well using /password is considered to be pretty insecure, IMHO. Don't use it.. use global auth and groups instead.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

I have/use global groups but I have a small bug/error in my group perms file and I am trying to find it. And I mainly use the /password for private servers as they can be guessed when no one is on.