Easier Reporting

Discussion for GU League Players
FiringSquad
Sergeant
Sergeant

Easier Reporting

Post by FiringSquad »

How about a client command that fills the clipboard with a string describing the final result of the last match played?

Then it's only a matter of pasting this string into an enhanced "Enter Match" field on the web-site.
That way a referee has the option to record the match by hand for unusual circumstances (like the continuation of a match from yesterday 2-0 with 10 mins left) but allow enhanced reporting features into the future.

The string could contain extra information and still require less effort on the part of the referees to enter it.
The string could contain server-name, recorded filename, match-time, teams & players, scores, caps (times & players), total pauses, total pause-time, etc. and could be compacted (if necessary) and verified by a version number and some CRC value.

Does the server know the teams that are playing? It would probably need some kind of "/official" command from each side to prevent accidental spawns by wayward tanks from confusing the issue.

Of course the only required fields would be team-name, score & time and this could be the first version of this feature, but future modifications would be reasonably simple to apply without further need to modify the client.
blast
General
General

Re: Easier Reporting

Post by blast »

...or a plugin that reports this information automatically, and then just requires that one of the team's members go on and verify everything.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Yay for automatic reporting. But manual is okay too! :X
Mucho Maas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mucho Maas »

I like that part about implementing clipboard copy&paste in general for bzflag, but I am guessing that goes in the "enhancements" section:)
"meet the new fo0 , same as the old f0o ... no no no .. don't get fo0'ed again ... " - The Who
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

/me thinks the refs are lazy.
catay
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by catay »

Do it like it's done on the 1vs1 league. With a plugin that reports back. You just have to find
someone who is willing to write it and integrate it with the webleague soft. It's probably a
bit more complex then with 1vs1 but it's definitly possible to do.